Thursday, March 5, 2015

A good word or two



I know I usually kinda whine and complain on this page. That is, in part, why I created it.

But I'm not always a whiner. 

Some really good things have been happening to me lately, so I'll share.

First, there's the job at the craft store. Not only have they cross-trained me to run the cash registers, but now they are starting to schedule me for early morning stocking/merchandising duties. It's nice to know that they think I'm capable and trustworthy enough to perform such duties. Both the store manager and the merchandising/assistant store manager are very demanding, exacting ladies (which is not a bad thing because it allows the store to run well), so I know they don't assign these duties to just anyone. 

Another good thing that has happened to me has been my jewelry making. I've been making a lot of jewelry lately and posting pictures of it on my Facebook page, and the response from my friends and relatives has been overwhelmingly positive. My friends and family have been pushing me to start a site of my own to sell my stuff on etsy.com, which I am planning to do some time in the near future. (I'll post a link to my etsy page here, so stay tuned.) 

I am also going to be making a public debut as a jewelry designer at a good friend's zumbathon on May 30. My friend saw my jewelry pictures on my Facebook page and liked them so much that she asked me to be a vendor at the event, which is also a charity fundraiser for the local food pantry. I'm excited about this event, but nervous too, like really nervous. My friend just sent me the vendor contract for the zumbathon, which I have to sign and return, but it said that the local news media outlets will be present, which really makes the scale of this event hit home. This ain't some little extra-large exercise class, this is the real deal. I still have a lot to do between now and then, so wish me luck in the mean time!

And somehow, I have to fit in going back to nursing school into all this...

Oy vey. I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew!  

No comments:

Post a Comment