Sunday, March 22, 2015

A new annual tradition!

I'm starting a new bad annual tradition here. It's like that fruitcake you always get at Christmas, but one better because it celebrates the arrival of spring. So here it is, without further ado, the new annual tradition, simply titled "I'm in a Spica Splint--Again!":


I'm hoping to, once again, avoid surgery with the combination of this spiffy spica splint and a big nasty steroid shot in my right wrist. The doctor says that if I don't feel any relief from the pain I've been suffering with in four weeks, then I'll most likely have to have surgery. However, I'm feeling quite good right now, so I'm hoping to get by with just wearing the splint for a long time. Regardless, the splint stays on for six weeks. And since I'm staggeringly right-handed, life is quite interesting since I now cannot use my right hand for much of anything while the splint is on. (I am allowed to take the splint off to bathe and wash my hands. But that's it.)

As spiffy as spica splints are, I'll be glad to have this one off! (However, it is pretty cool that I now have a matching pair...)

No comments:

Post a Comment