Thursday, June 5, 2014

Unnecessary pain at the hands of another...


Monster

Monster:
Why?

You never see
The good
In me
If it's there
To see--

I never know.

Never right--
Never welcome--
Never adequate--

And so I tiptoe
On little cat's feet
Around who I am:

Never right--
Never welcome--
Never adequate--

Unknown to all,
Especially myself.

An incessant weed
Struggles through the
Twisted cracks
In my fetid façade--

It strains and
It yearns
To break free,
To expose itself
And its delicate,
Enchanting bloom
To the world--

To prove I'm
Not the horrible
Beast
You tell me
I am--

And,
Monster,
You come along:

Spewing venom
Over it,
Through it,
Down to its
Very fragile,
Tender marrow,

Knocking its mother-loving block off,
Tearing at its leaves,
Ripping off its petals,
Crushing it 'neath your
Cruel heels,

Snickering as you watch it
Simper,
Shrivel,
Wither,
And die--
Yet again.

Monster:
Why?

What did I ever do to you?

All I wanted
Was
Your love,
Your acceptance,
Your guidance,
And your
Friendship--
Nothing more.

Why don't I deserve that?

What did I ever do to you?

Please,
Please,
Please--
Tell me!

I'll do anything--
I swear
I will.

Just don't hurt me again.

Please don't hurt me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment