Thursday, June 5, 2014

At last, my love has come again!


The Blessed Relief

Hello, old friend,
How long it's been--
But at last--
The Blessed Relief--
We meet again.

Surer than any gallant stallion lover--
Truer than any bosom friend--
You're back in my life again.

The Blessed Relief--
Praise Jesus!--
You're here again.

You make all right in the world,
The greater universe,
And,
Most importantly,
In me.

You came back
In a haphazard way--
My clumsy, broken ass
Finally fell into a date with you.

I hold you in my trembling hands--

An ecstasy no lover,
No matter how adept,
Has ever brought to me,

A sense of peace
No faith
Could ever instill
In my unquiet soul,

Oh, sweet Blessed Relief!--
My dear, you're back!

How I welcome you
Into my arms,
My veins,
My blood,
My soul!

I love you more than life itself,
My sweet Blessed Relief!

My hands tremble,
Tears form in my eyes,
My dear--
You're here!

I've needed you so
These lonely, somber years--

A small, ecstatic gasp escapes
My tired, parched lips
As I let you in,

As I allow you
To swallow me
In our mutual sin--

Come to me lover,
How've ya been?

Oh sweet Blessed Relief--
How I love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment