Thursday, October 8, 2015

If you can't beat them, join them?


I'll just come out and say it:

Everyone's been in a crapass mood lately. 

Even me. 

It's hard to go to work and have everyone--everyone--in a snipey, ornery vibe. Everywhere I go, people seem to be wearing their crabby pants, too.

Me? I've just been suffering with a general ennui. And anhedonia. 

I'm going to the doctor to have my meds reevaluated, to see if that could be the problem, but some of it is the people around me. 

I'm too sensitive to others' moods, vibes, auras, whatever you want to call them to not be brought down by all this negativity. It's like it's bombarding me from every angle. 

It also doesn't help that I've gradually lost the joie de vivre that I took in so many simple pleasures. 

Perhaps it's the waning bits of sunlight that are hitting this half of the world this time of the year. The days are getting shorter, you know. 

I normally love autumn, with its fresh, crisp air and multihued, crunchy leaves, but right now, I'm just not feeling it. 

I'm not feeling a lot of things right now. And that's troubling.

I hope I'm not starting into a downward cycle. Those are the worst, and so hard to come out of.

But right now, it feels that life is merely a chore, a set of motions you go through on a daily basis with little end result until you die. 

I want my joy back.

2 comments:

  1. The Winter Solstice is soon upon us.
    The days will soon begin
    To lengthen out and bring
    The sun back out to play.

    ReplyDelete